Welcome to Flight1.com! We have many great aviation products for FSX/FS9 and P3D.
Most of our products are available by download for immediate purchase.
This is the FSX/FS2004 version of the multi-award winning SIAI-Marchetti SF260, featuring a VC created from the ground up to take advantage of the new features made possible by FSX. It includes an improved version of our popular Smooth Gauge Technology, an improved flight model with the ability to accurately spin and side-slip, plus much more.
The challenge when designing this aircraft was not only to create an aerobatic, lively and highly entertaining machine, but to also make sure this SF260 was completely smooth, controllable and able to cruise superbly well. We have gone to much trouble to ensure that this aircraft is not only light to the touch and great fun to fly, just like the real SF260, but also capable of great finesse and subtlety. You will find the controls very responsive, but at the same time allowing a very fine degree of control to be applied to all stages of flight. You can set a precise climb speed with trim, and this aircraft will hold that speed exactly, from 100 to 12,000 ft or so. Conversely, this aircraft is also capable of rolling at 120 degrees per second at high speed, and looping at up to 6 positive G.
Spinning is one of the most satisfying manoeuvres, and we are very proud to have made an aircraft with the capability of spinning properly. To us, this means the aircraft must be able to autorotate, without increasing airspeed, by stalling then applying full rudder.
Apart from aerobatics, the SF260 is capable of cruising at up to 182 KT on its single, naturally aspirated Lycoming IO-540, climbing at up to 1,800 FPM, while also providing a highly stable and controllable platform during all phases of IFR flight. The SF.260 has been so successful at fulfilling the above criteria, that it is now being used in the flight-training role.
The FSX SF260 VC gauges are completely new, being a further advance on our already acclaimed FS2004 'smooth gauges'. They feature the same silky smooth movement and ultra clear graphics of our FS2004 smooth gauges, but now they're truly 3D and even clearer than before. You can see this by looking at the gauges from an angle - gauges such as the HSI and artificial horizon show this 3D detail the best.
For the first time in the history of the RealAir SF260, we have included a panel layout that is designed to be flown from the left seat, as well as the traditional SF260 right-seat panel. While most SF260 are flown from the right seat, many civilian version have left seat panels. GA pilots will feel much more at home in the left seat biased cockpit.
Also new to the FSX SF260 are multiple VC camera views that allow you to effortlessly zoom into important gauges at the click of a button. Included are close up views of the important gauges and the radios, as well as views that are intended specifically for IFR flight. These IFR views have the panel taking up most of the screen. These views combined with the incredibly smooth gauge movement and smooth airfile makes precise IFR manoeuvres easier to achieve than ever before in an MS flight simulator!
To tune the radios you now click and drag with the left or right mouse button on the 3D knobs. This and the other features of the SF260 for FSX VC helps to make the overall feeling of immersion second to none!
- Whole aircraft re-designed from scratch specifically for FSX.
- Completely new VC
- New truly 3D gauges that have depth and realism, and silky smooth movement
- Two separate VC panels - A left seat panel layout and a right seat panel layout.
- Choice of 9 liveries with the ability to fly each from the rght or left seat.
- Convenient quick panel zooms so you can effortlessly zoom in on Radios, IFR instruments and controls.
- New super-smooth radio tuning innovation using simple left/right click and drag mouse operation.
- Bump mapping on wings which show fantastic detail from the VC looking out to the wing.
- Improved spin and recovery characteristics....the spin now continues with stick centred.
- Enhanced Stereo Sounds to take advantage of FSX's sound engine.
- New enhanced smoke effect, improved gauge backlight at night and improved VC interior graphics.
Features from the FS2004 version
- Visible and audible pre and post stall buffeting.
- Realistic engine torque effects.
- Crystal clear VC gauges with perfectly smooth movement (no more stuttering VC gauges).
- A pilot whose head always look in the direction of flight.
- The pilot also scans the sky, keeping an eye out for traffic.
- All VC switches and levers can be clicked on and manipulated.
- New controls have been added to the VC including pitch trim, park-brake and fuel cut-off.
- A magnetic compass that moves more realistically than ever before, appearing to be suspended in liquid.